Today is 4 months past my 26th birthday. Being 26 years old doesn’t affect me in some points, but yet it’s amuse me in the fact that I’m no longer a teenager (it’s just like yesterday I’m screaming passionately when watching Chad Murray’s movie on tv, meh). Now I’m almost 30. This thought came just straight in my head when I was on my way to the airport for visiting my husband in Malang. I think it will be fun if I create a list about advantage and disadvantage of being 26. So here we go…
Advantage of being 26:
- Mature enough to make a life decision (no matter what).
- Staying all night with workmate, talking (and mumbling) about anything, from work-related to gossip.
- Financially responsible. Be careful in credit card!
- You can allocate your own income, divide it into several things you love, like book shopping or traveling. It’s up to you!
- You can manage your time to consider to traveling alone or join an open trip.
- Old enough to get married.
- Mature enough to have an opinion about being single. Everybody WILL listen to you.
- Don’t give a shit about what people think.
- Don’t give a F when you know someone is talking behind your back.
- No need more DRAMA cause your life is already full of it.
- You will be more interest with deep conversation with a friend despite of chat in a big group.
- Sleeping or taking a nap is something that you look forward to.
- You don’t know where life is gonna lead you but you don’t care because you’re the captain of your own life.
Disadvantage of being 26:
- When stranger ask you by “Ibu”, not “Kakak” or “Mbak” anymore.
- Everybody keep asking you when to get married.
- When you are (married), everybody keep asking you when will you have a child, and so the other questions.
- Deadline at work, deadline everywhere!
- You keep asking yourself about your purpose in life.
- You must eat healthy to be more fit!
- Career enhancement.
- Your parents start telling you all the good family secrets that you were too young to know about before.
- Get insecure when hear a lot of people at your age has already achieve something better than you (or they get scholarship, etc).
- You can legitimately be annoyed by teens.
- Intimate concert cost expensive like hell but you choose it anyway because regular concert makes you dizzy.
And the list keep going on. Still, I am enjoying myself for being 26, 🙂